KBIPER is the first self-finance Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research in the Gujarat state established in 1995. It is managed by the Sarva Vidyalaya Kelavani Mandal, a highly reputed public trust, imparting yeoman services in the field of education since 1919.
The main objectives of the Institute are:
- To develop a model Institute imparting graduate, post-graduate and doctoral level education in pharmaceutical sciences.
- To cater to the needs of fast expanding pharmaceutical industry, educational Institutions and research laboratories.
- To conduct research in high-tech emerging areas of medicine for human health care and contribute towards fulfilling national objectives in pharmaceutical education and technology.
- To establish excellent industry academy interactions and establish professional programmes such as bio-availability and bio-equivalence studies, toxicity and formulation and development studies etc. for the growing pharmaceutical industry.
- To undertake government and industry sponsored research projects for which the Institute has state of the art facilities.
- To conduct continuing education programmes for pharmaceutical scientists and academicians.
The institute is located on the Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya campus, Sector - 23which is at the heart of Gandhinagar city and about 27 km. from Ahmedabad city. The institute is spread over 20,000 sq. mt. This provides for the main building of the Institute including auditorium and animal house, hostels, bank, staff quarters, student store, guest house, play grounds & medicinal plants garden. The institute has strong infrastructure with 16 laboratories, well ventilated and electronically equipped class rooms, a seminar hall, and a well equipped library with thousands of books and journals, an air-conditioned auditorium, air-conditioned animal house, computer facility with unlimited internet access. A very well planned spacious building of the institute occupies a total constructed area of 6600 sq. mt. The environment of the institute inspires the students to learn and grow by leaps and bounds.